Category Archives: C1
The 56 project is complete and we took it to LS Fest on Saturday and the car was a big hit at the show!
These are some clips of our attempts to start the car with the new Holley HP EFI harness and computer system over the weekend. I still have the pipe dumping under the car so it does not sound great but the CAM sure has a wicked idle.
It turns out the brand new MAP sensor I had installed was bad so by my 3rd attempt all was good.
3rd Attempt – Success!
1st Attempt Party:
Let’s see, a lot of progress since last update.
We finally made some noticeable progress on the car this weekend. We were able to get the weather seal installed on the deck and trunk lid and we were able to get them both installed and aligned. Once we had the deck lid on then we bonded in the glove box to align with the deck lid. Also got all of the chrome and latches installed in the deck lid and the lock assembly on installed on the trunk.
The doors inners/windows are complete but after the car settled a little I need to take off the door panels and re-align the doors to fit the opening a little better.
Got the brakes bled and filled the radiator with water to check for leaks.
We got the interior complete except for bolting the seats down and kick panels so we only have the soft top install and the hood left to install on the body.
We finally made some noticeable progress on the car this weekend. We were able to get the weather seal installed on the deck and trunk lid and we were able to get them both installed and aligned. Once we had the deck lid on then we could bond in the glove box to align with the deck lid. Also got all of the chrome and latches installed in the deck lid and the lock assembly on installed on the trunk.
Hopefully next weekend will be the first fire up of the engine.
I started making progress installing the glass and window works in the passenger side just to find I am missing one more part.
The engine bay and A/C installation is now complete. I finished up the last 2 custom A/C hoses and I am now vacuuming the system down. I used the EZ-Clip system to make the A/C hoses, that was very easy once I got all the right parts
I also got the door posts and all of the door latches and locks installed in the doors. Now I need to install the rear tracks, glass and window chrome.
Under the dash is pretty well buttoned up also so now we are almost ready to install heat treatment on the floor then the interior.
It is getting close now, have to test the electric, bleed the brakes, fill the fluids then prime the engine with oil before we start it. Hoping it will only be another 2 weeks.
Made a little progress this weekend, most all of it was custom fabrication.
First thing, all of my air cleaner part came in so I now have an air cleaner.
I was able to install the new gas peddle and cable it all up.
The next thing I tackled was the hydraulic clutch. I bled it then when I hit the peddle you had to be superman to push the peddle down. I soon did a little math and calculated the law of leverage and found I could not use the factory peddle location. I had to drill a hole higher up on the rod and now peddle pressure is great.
The next thing I soon figured out since there is a tremendous amount of pressure on the clutch master the fiberglass firewall needed reinforcing. So the next few hours was pulling the steering column and clutch master to gut out a thick piece of aluminum and drilling all of the holes then a reinstall of everything. After reassemble it is now rock solid.
The next item was making custom brackets to install the A/C evaporator under the dash (where it was never intended to live) then to finishing the A/C wiring and I had almost all of the parts to complete the custom A/C hoses to the compressor. A few more ground wires and the vent hoses and the A/C will be complete.
I also made some progress finishing the fuel lines on the new fuel injected tank I picked up from CC. I also installed a classic instruments fuel sender. Then it was on to modifying the gas tank cover to accommodate the fuel pump for the fuel injection lines. I still have a lot of finish work to do now 🙂
I have been making progress on the 56 Corvette but have not posted many pictures because when you are doing the wiring pictures do not look like much progress smile emoticon I have almost all of the under dash wiring complete and all of the engine and front wiring is complete.
Today I managed to complete the steering shafts with the 3 u joints and a custom bracket my friend Allen Pezo made up for me. Also got the radiator installed and the fan wired.
I also got the fiberglass transmission tunnel cover repaired and grafted back into the car.
About a week ago my friend Richard Brodeur came over and saved my by helping me put the new glass in the windshield frame, will mount it on the car soon.
Still planning on having the care ready by end of July thought it seems everything is taking longer then I anticipated 🙂
Between last night and tonight I got the tail lights and front parking lights installed, got the Holley engine computer harness all connected to the engine side and installed the HP-EFI computer in the passenger kick panel. Also finished installing the new windshield wiper system with a little modern technology.
Decided to take a long dinner break tonight so I only got a few things done tonight.
I got the brake and clutch peddles installed, reassembled the freshly painted master brake booster and installed that too.