Category Archives: Body Work

Project LS-56 Body Drop 1st Try

This was our first attempt at mounting the body. Who knew (not me at least) that the passenger side head of an LS engine sits further towards the back of the car then the drivers side. When we put the body on the chassis the passenger head was rubbing the firewall thus the new pocket and a few days lost on the build. At least it took space away from the passenger side and not the drivers side.


OK, after a bit of fabrication and finishing the firewall pocket is complete and all painted. Now the body is ready for it’s final mounting (At least I hope it is final).

Project LS-56 Now Has Primer





Primer finally went on Project LS-56 this weekend. Now comes more sanding.

IMG_8776 IMG_8775 IMG_8774 IMG_8773 IMG_8770 IMG_8769 IMG_8768 IMG_8767 IMG_8766 IMG_8765 IMG_8764 IMG_8763 IMG_8762 IMG_8760 IMG_8759 IMG_8758

Project 63 – 4/28 Progress

I made a good amount of progress on project 63 this weekend. After weeks of tear down and cleaning finally I am to the point of re-assembly 🙂

The engine bay paint and engine paint is complete, finally got the repainted valve covers back on with new decals. I re-installed the batter mount and I started putting the wiring back in place. I also had to paint the new A/C compressor and Alt brackets so they will been to dry overnight.

I ean into a small issue when installing the lower pulley  I found out one of the 3 holes in the harmonic balancer was stripped. Fortunately I had an extra balancer so all is good now.

I re-installed the freshly repainted exhaust manifolds and I installed a new fuel pump, water pump and repainted thermostat housing.

I completed installing new brake shoes, wheel cylinders and rubber brake lines all the way around. Now I am just waiting on the master cylinder to come back form being re-sleeved.

Lastly I started final shaping of the fiberglass tunnel replacement. I just have a little more glass work then I can start installing the heat treatment for the floor.

Project 63 Engine Bay Refresh

I am making progress on the engine bay refresh. It is getting close to the point I can start putting things back together 🙂 Don’t mind the modern 350 valve covers, those are temporary to keep the dirt out while I refinish the originals.



And Now!


Project 63 week 3 – Tunnel Repair

Well I am now in week 3 of Project 63 and there has been a lot going on. I started prepping for the Vintage Air install and while removing the old heater system I started to pull back the carpet to find it was pretty well dry rotted so I removed the old carpet. Once I removed the carpet I uncovered a very poor tunnel and rear diff fiberglass repair. I cut out the old areas and I ordered a replacement section and tonight I was able to get the first layer of new glass grafted into the new area .

While I had the top side of the tunnel apart I went ahead and changed out the rear pinion and transmission pinion seals and installed new U-Joints. I also de-greased and painted as much of the chassis that I could see from the top side and I installed a new front diff rubber mount.






Final Buffing Complete

Dennis came by this week and did the final buffing and put a coat of Zaino 🙂 It is looking GREAT!


Pink Floyd Gets Some Teeth

Pink Floyd no longer looks like he is from TN, he now has teeth in his new Grille. We also go the back bumpers installed, now it is on to the interior.


Pink Floyd Week 25 (Look mom, no teeth)

This is a typical TN car, no teeth 🙂 Ok the grille teeth have not been installed yet but Pink Floyd will soon have teeth again.

We finally got the chrome back from being redone so we made a bunch of progress getting trim and bumpers re-installed. I also completed 99% of the wiring, just a few items to button up once the new dash pad gets installed.

The new black stayfast top arrived this week so once we get the windshield installed the to can go on.

The big job this week will installing a new dash pad, putting the windshield glass back in the frame and re-installing all of the door latches and window mechanisms.  We also need to get the gas tank back in the car.

Pink Floyd gets some BLING

Pink Floyd started getting some BLING this week. The chrome has started arriving back from being redone so on it goes.

We also finished the bulk of installing the new wiring harness and we installed the new cool looking retro stereo.

Pink Floyd Has A Body!

The body and frame finally came back together as one today. The only thing left of Pink Floyd is the old hood hanging on the wall of my garage which reads Dark Side so I think that may be the new project name. Everything fit great but I did have to trim the inner fenders for the Meyers front end and I also did have to cut out the bottom of my ashtray to make room for the 5 speed Tremac. Now it is just putting all of the parts back on.

Even with the 1 inch drop springs in the rear the back end is still sitting higher than I would have expected. Hopefully once all the parts go back on and the springs settle a bit it will level out some. I tried to install a 1 inch lowering block but it move the traction bar forward an inch and I could not get it back in so I scrapped that plan for now. I may end up having to shorten my traction bar if I really need to use them.

Thanks to the who team of folks who helped me put the body back on today!